Today, I thought it would be fun to take the boys up to Tiny Town, a local and historic amusement park in the mountains outside of Denver. I invited Joanne (Grammy) along with. This park has famous buildings of old denver that are 1/16 the size of the real ones and therefore is "kid sized." When we got there we had the opportunity to take the train right away but decided to wait 15 minutes for the next one. We were very lucky because it turned out that that train was going too fast and derailed around the turn. There were 30 total passengers on the train and 20 were injured including scrapes, fractures and head injuries. There was a 10 day old baby on the train as well as a grandmother that was pinned under the train. We were very fortunate and blessed that we were not on the train but are praying for those who were injured. Below are some pictures that I took of the derailment.
2 comments:
Oh my! What a close call - and how sad for those who were on the train. I'm glad you guys are safe and sound!
Oh my! What a close call - and how sad for those who were on the train. I'm glad you guys are safe and sound!
Post a Comment