It is 8:45 and both boys are sound asleep. What makes this even better is that I did it all by myself because Nick is at a dinner networking event. I finally bought the Healthy Sleep Habits book and was reading it the past 2 nights. I realized that I was putting Wes to bed too late and therefore he was overtired and not napping and generally fussy during the day. Now that I have put him to bed at 7:15 (still in our bed and not crib) he has been sleeping for at least 11 hours. Granted, this is not entirely on his own as I join him in bed later in the evening and nurse him at night. However, today at Ms. Lori's he slept 1 and 1/2 hours by himself in the afternoon! This is a huge improvement over the 30 minutes he slept and fought sleep in the past. Now I am hoping to put into place more recommendations to improve his sleep even more. In the past 2 months he has only taken 1 to 2 ounces of breast milk. Today, he drank a total of 5 oz on his own! I have to believe that a well rested child is better for all of us who take care of him.
Now with at least an hour extra in my evening I get to decide how to spend it. This is one happy workin' mama... at least until one of them cries...
Not to forget about Luke... he came home with a white sticker on his hand. When I asked what it was he told me it was leprosy and he needed to take a bath in the Jordan river to get it off. I guess he is really retaining the bible stories he has been learning at Ms. Lori's.
1 comment:
woooooohooo! Sleep, Wes, sleep! Good job mama!
Post a Comment