Monday, August 17, 2009

Trip to Colorado Springs

Last Saturday we decided to take a impromptu trip to Colorado Springs to see the Garden of the Gods. It turned out to be an adventure that lasted until 6PM that night. I had never been down to the springs and have been wanting to go for 3 years now so it was fun to be able to see it. I am also teaching Colorado history for the first time and am gathering up information to be a better teacher. We stopped at Garden of the Gods which was beautiful but more touristy they I was expecting.




Then, we heard the the Anasazi cliff dwellings were interesting and checked them out. They have been there since the 1100's and are in great condition. It was interesting to learn how they lived in the foothills of Pikes Peak.


We ended up our adventure at the pioneer museum in downtown Colorado Springs where we learned all about the allure of PIkes Peak and what brought so many people to the region.

2 comments:

Rebekka said...

Sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

where are the pictures from san fran?
U.D.